Monday, August 17, 2015

Gluten Free Snacks

Since discovering I have a wheat allergy, I have not really enjoyed this whole lifestyle change into the Gluten Free world.  I was perfectly content to just eat Udi's bread, cheese and Rice Krispies the rest of my life, but since Chloe is showing signs of wheat intolerance, I have been trying to seek out more gluten free options.

Leftover bananas provided me with the opportunity to try this new recipe for muffins by Whole Lifestyle Nutrition.  I was enticed by the "Only 5 minutes to make" hook, and of course, I had to use peanut butter and put chocolate chips into them.

They were really easy to make.  But when they came out of the oven they fell and I thought "Oh no," but once I put them on a plate they didn't look so bad.
  At least Clara was willing to try them...
"Gluten free?  I'm not so sure about this."

"Not bad!  Too much banana though."
 Cousin McKenna says, "Just ok.  More chocolate chips and less banana."

 I probably won't make them again for kids, but for myself they would be awesome to throw in the freezer and have for on-the-go snacks.

Update - Day 2 the muffins were absolutely perfect and so good that I ate the rest myself!
With no sugar and no flour, I have a feeling they is going to be my easy go-to snack of the season.

But since we are talking gluten free - I just have to give a shout out to my friend Kim for introducing me to these CHEAP  Pamela's cookies she gets at the Bakery outlet.  I can't even tell they are gluten free.  



  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment